Dundee University Staff Cricket Club – Constitution
Dundee University Staff Cricket Club (DUSCC) exists for the purpose of providing an opportunity for social cricket for members of University staff and the extended University community.
- The ethos of the Staff Club shall be that any and all are welcome and that, as far as practical, everyone will be given an equal chance to take part. The Club Captain is charged with upholding this ethos.
- Membership shall be open to all who express a wish to play.
- Where a game is oversubscribed (ie more than 11 people are available) selection decisions will be taken by the Club Captain (or Captain for that game if the Club Captain is not one of those available) in consultation with the Secretary.
- The club will hold an annual meeting, open to all players, to oversee the management of the club, appoint officers etc.
- Officers shall have delegated responsibility for the day to day management and operation of the Staff Club.
- The officers of the Staff Cricket Club shall be:
- The Club Captain
- The Secretary
- The Treasurer
- The Vice Captain
- The Captain shall be responsible for selection, on-field decisions and shall represent the club as required.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for the administration of the Staff Cricket Club including the arrangement of fixtures, the arrangement and clerking of the annual meeting, the administration of the annual Southgate award for contribution to the club, maintenance of the website and management of the club equipment.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for all the monitoring of all financial transactions, the maintenance of petty cash on hand (to be used to cover ground fees, replace club kit etc) and the management of the club bank account.
- In the absence of the Captain, the Vice Captain shall be responsible for selection, on-field decisions and shall represent the club.
- The officers shall not be subject to limited terms (recognising that their effort is given freely to sustain the club), but shall provide the opportunity each year at the annual meeting for others to offer their services as officers and shall step down if they are happy to be succeeded or call for a vote of those present to appoint officers from those willing to serve. The decision of the annual meeting shall be final.
- The Club shall hold no assets other than its bank account, cash on-hand, club kit and the Southgate tankard. The club may also, from time to time, hold the Ferrier Cup, contested annually with the University of St Andrews.
- Match fees shall be charged for each game at a level set by the annual meeting to cover costs. Debutants shall be exempt from match fees for their first game.
- The Club Captain, Secretary and Treasurer shall be the nominated signatories for the club bank account.
- Anyone choosing to play for the Staff Club shall do so at their own risk.
- Third party liability is covered by the insurance policies of the University of Dundee.
6. Annual Award
- Nominations and votes for the winner of the Southgate award for contribution to the Staff Club shall be provided to the Secretary annually upon request.
- The winner of the Southgate award will be presented with the Southgate tankard which shall be returned to an officer of the club one year after receipt.
- Should the club require winding up, all monetary assets shall be donated to the Ninewells Cancer Campaign (or similar local cancer charity) and the club kit shall be offered to other local cricket teams. The Southgate tankard shall be donated to the University of Dundee Museum Services. The Ferrier Cup may also be donated to University of Dundee Museum Services with the agreement of the University of St Andrews Staff Cricket Club (recognising that the trophy contest is named after William Ferrier, former President of DUSCC). Any club records will be donated to the University of Dundee Archive Services.
- Any winding-up shall be agreed at an extraordinary meeting of the players.
8. Changes to the Constitution
- Any changes to this constitution shall be proposed and voted on by those members present at the relevant annual meeting.
- The constitution will be posted on the club website for reference.