Welcoming Holly to the Team

We are really pleased to welcome Holly Rumble to the Art at the Start team this month. Holly won our Scottish Graduate School of Social Sciences Studentship to join us as for 4 years as a graduate student in Psychology. She will be working closely with the DCA to look at how we can measure the impact of art experiences upon families with young children.

Holly Rumble – artist educator and SGSSS PhD student

“I joined the University of Dundee in September 2018, to undertake an MSc in Psychological Research Methods before commencing PhD research in 2019. I have almost fifteen years experience as a practicing artist, focusing on intergenerational participation. My projects have taken me around the world, working with groups in Finland, Japan and Hong Kong. From 2015-2018 I worked as Public Engagement Coordinator for Tramway, Glasgow, beginning with the public participation programme for Turner Prize 2015. My interests lie in the power of arts participation to increase confidence, wellbeing and literacy. In 2017 I was awarded the Marsh Award for Excellence in Gallery Education for my work with families at Tramway. I am looking forward to working with Dundee Contemporary Arts to measure the long term impact of their family participation programme.”