The PhD Summer School in Ocean Engineering is a fully funded summer programme which:
- Provides a venue for elite PhD students from all over the world to meet, study and work together;
- Allows PhD students learn about some fundamental and applied topics that are otherwise not typically covered across common programs;
- Establishes a world-class annual educational event that helps in educating future Ocean Engineering leaders of the world.
The annual summer school covers three categories of topics:
- A scientific technical topic (about 50% of the total time). The scientific technical topic includes lectures, tutorials and projects;
- Industry-related subjects (around 25%);
- Topics on general skills (scientific writing and presentations, time management, stress control etc., around 25%).
The technical topic of 2021 is entiteld:
Models and Approximations: Mathematics and physics in the service of Engineering
The summer school covers all expenses, including the international travel, local transportation, accommodation, and subsistence. Admitted students will also receive the Ocean Engineering Summer School Cash Award of about 750 USD.
All PhD students (or students admitted to a PhD programme) are eligible. Students pursuing a PhD degree in Ocean Engineering, Coastal/Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture, Fluid Mechanics, Mechanical/Civil Engineering, Mathematics and related disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications for the 2021 PhD Summer School in Ocean Engineering will open soon.