On Tuesday 27 February at 5.00 pm the PECOS purchasing system will close down. Over the past few months we’ve been testing how we can store, access and maintain catalogues in OneUniversity and we’ve found that the best option from 5 March is the PECOS Gateway.
What is the PECOS Gateway?
The PECOS Gateway enables public bodies like us at the University of Dundee to ‘punch out’ from their Finance and Procurement system and seamlessly ‘punch in’ to the Gateway. Here we can shop from a range of available hosted catalogues and punch-out sites.
How does it work?
We are going to access our catalogues and punch-out sites on the PECOS Gateway, which is not the PECOS you know as it contains no order functionality. Instead, you’ll be pleased to know, requisitioning will all happen in our new OneUniversity system!
We select content from the PECOS Gateway and the requisition comes back to OneUniversity. Here, we add the financial coding and submit the requisition for approval. Once orders have been approved, OneUniversity transmits them directly to the supplier.
What are the benefits of using the PECOS Gateway?
- a straightforward tool for Procurement to manage and maintain catalogues
- reduces administrative burden of catalogue maintenance
- best and familiar means for searching for required catalogue content
- existing PECOS catalogues and punch-out sites available from go-live
- national and local suppliers familiar with of PECOS catalogue formats
- many suppliers on APUC frameworks produce catalogues in PECOS
- access to punch-outs set up by other organisations using PECOS
- minimises University risk as the Scottish Government hosts our catalogues
So get ready to walk through the Gateway and go live!